Sunday, November 26, 2006

I put up the Christmas lights today and I didn't kill myself.

This is the first time Leslie let me put up the lights before December. However, after watching my neighbor Jeff put up his in 50-60 degree weather year after year, I couldn't stand to do mine at freezing temps one more time.




















Our new house is on a corner, so Leslie insisted I do it right and have lights all the way around the house. Do you think she'll let me count the $200 in gear as her Christmas gift this year?

The new house is taller than the old one, and I only have a 20 foot ladder. So, I had to Jerry-rig a way to get to the very top. (Sorry, Jerry for using your name like that.)




















I had an assistant this year. (Don't worry, he didn't go up to the top of the second level.)




















Hopefully, our neighbors will find the results worth my efforts.

4 Comments:

At 9:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Doug, I really miss you this time of year; especially your help with installing the lights.

Good job!

 
At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case you didn't know...there are people that are willing to hang lights for a very reasonable price. Probably less than the cost of repairing a broken leg or hip. Oh wait, you're a doctor. You probably get a discount on that kind of thing. Good job! The lights look very nice.

 
At 12:21 PM, Blogger Gordon and Nancy said...

Great Blog Update, Doug! Your house looks SUPER! I think you beat Jeff this year. :)

Gordon

 
At 10:18 AM, Blogger sharon emmons said...

WOW! Breathtaking! But I'll bet Leslie was holding her breath if she was watching you hanging the lights way up there. You did a beautiful job Doug. I hope you leave them up year around now.Happy New Year to you & your wonderful family.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home