Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Chris Gets Clever

Last night, Chris came downstairs to get my help finding Rowdy, his toy dog. As I tucked him back in, I notice his pull-up was laying next to his bed. "Did you take your pull-up off?" I asked.

"Yes. I have dry pants. Get candy!" he replied.

I asked Leslie about it and it turns out that in order to motivate him to get up at night and use the bathroom, she promised him candy if he kept his pull-up dry.

Turns out that he had emerged from his room yesterday morning carrying his dry pull-up and announcing that his pants were dry. So, Leslie dutifully rewarded him with candy. When she put him down for his nap, he complained that his bed was wet (now we know why).

So, in his mind he made the calculation that the best way to keep his pull-up dry was to take it off! I guess he figured the candy was worth the wet bed because he tried it again last night, as I already mentioned. I thought it was clever. Leslie thought it was cheating. What do you think?

1 Comments:

At 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think that anytime a three year old can outsmart two Rice graduates, the kid deserves candy!

Love,
Aunt Christal

 

Post a Comment

<< Home