Thursday, June 19, 2008

I am including the following letter I received from the president of Compassion International to highlight one reason for those of us not hoodwinked by the histeria of the global warming hoax to be more passionate about opposing the hoax itself. When the world's scarce resources are wasted on a quixotic quest against Global Warming, it doesn't just create a dent in the wallets of fat-cat oil executives. People die. The poor of the world will literally starve to death when we burn corn for energy instead of fossil fuels (and other such ineffective nonsense).

This has been a soapbox moment.

***********************************************************

Dear Dr. & Mrs. Morrissey,
Will you join with us on Wednesday, June 25, for a day of prayer and fasting on behalf of our Compassion-assisted children?I am saddened with the news we are hearing about how the current global food crisis is affecting our children, their families, and even some of our field staff. The price for rice, beans, corn and other food staples has risen exponentially in recent months, creating extreme hardship and suffering. I cannot overstate the need.Families earning less than $2 a day cannot afford to keep up with these rising prices. There is just no margin. The impact is truly devastating.We are attempting to determine where the needs are greatest and how many children are most adversely affected. Be assured that we are committed to doing everything we can to help them through this very difficult time.As always, our hope and strength is fully based in our heavenly Father. That's why I urge you to join us on Wednesday, June 25. Please take a moment to let us know if you are willing to participate.Our Global Ministry Center staff, our network of Advocates, the many artists and speakers who represent us, and tens of thousands of friends of Compassion will be praying and fasting for the children who are most deeply affected.Thank you in advance for your participation and prayers. What a privilege it is for me to be part of this family with you. God bless you! Your Brother,Wess

1 Comments:

At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been following the food crisis peripherally, and I know it's bad. People in the US are complaining about the cost of rice increasing by a couple of dollars a bag here. They have no idea how much suffering there is in other parts of the world.

I do have a question though. I'm not sure I understand the correlation between the food crisis and global warming. Sure, the US is diverting corn to make fuel ethanol, but I think this is an attempt to rely less on foreign oil than it is to curb global warming.

And I guess I'm not clear as to why global warming is a hoax. Maybe I'm just brainwashed by the media, but I truly (have been led to?) believe that global warming is a true and present world danger.

I'd love some scientific evidence to refute this, as it seems that's all I hear nowadays.

On a COMPLETELY different note, do you remember Larry and Kim Flathmann? Larry was at Baker, while Kim was at...I can't remember now. Larry and Kim are serving as full-time missionaries in Mexico, and apparently, there's a drug war going on in their vicinity. They were actually held up at gun-point in their car last week. You can read the blog at www.lagunaonfire.org

Peace!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home