Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Yesterday we were playing with Play-doh.  Shannon said she wanted to make things that go with a doctor's office.  I watched her as she made and decorated a round ring.  "What is that going to be?" I said.  I was thinking ace bandage, blood pressure cuff....
 
She replied, "it is a bracelet, for patients going through a hard time."
 
Shannon may not choose to be a rocket scientist when she grows up, but I'll take compassion over rocket science any day.
 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Today I asked Shannon what her library book was that we needed to return.  "I don't know," she answered.  "I don't know either," I said.  Then Christopher added, "Oh, so it's the I Don't Know book!" 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Be careful when you ask a preschooler to count to 20 while playing hide and seek.  Today I was in a cramped closet spot for an unmercifully long time while I heard, "...9, 10, 11, 98, 99, 22, 23, 25..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home