Sunday, November 01, 2009

I know, I know. Blogging is supposed to be about today. Well, here are pics from my Africa trip weeks ago.

This shot is for my mom. I think Coca-Cola is the official mascot of Africa. It is on or in every building and served at every restaurant. (That is my pastor, Dennis Loose, standing in Johannesburg airport.) Our trip to Zimbabwe started in DC and took us through a refueling stop at Senegal and an overnight stay in Johannesburg, South Africa, before we landed at Bulawayo International Airport.

Our host, the Alams, cleverly arranged for us to stay at a hotel school, the Bulawayo Polytechnic. It cost only 1/5 the price of regular hotels.
And it came with standard amenities, like...
A PoolPetsAnd candles and matches for the occasional city-wide power outage.

In all sincerity, the rooms were huge and I was very satisfied where we stayed. They had a big bathtub (but no shower.) A great blessing was that the AC blew right over the beds.

I didn't appreciate the significance of this until the night without power. I was awakened frequently by the sound of dive-bombing mosquitos that night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home