Saturday, March 21, 2009

Bowling Bonanza


I had quite a night at Dutch Lanes tonight. The Men's Ministry from Lifespring Fellowship headed there for a friendly contest and now think I am the biggest sandbagger in the County.

After complaining repeatedly about my sore arm and cut thumb knuckle from replacing a water heater today (another story), I managed to score the best total of my life: 199.

What was more amazing was that I finished the last 5 frames with 5 strikes in a row. What? I never get two strikes in a row!

But what blows me away even more is something I didn't realize until I showed my score sheet to Leslie when I got home. They set up the pins 11 times for me. And out of 110 pins, I only left 3 standing. Three.

So, I have officially retired from bowling. I am going to end on this one.

2 Comments:

At 3:04 AM, Blogger simply me said...

I always make silly faces! I don't need a silly 'ol picture to prove it! :)

"Mirror Mirror on the Wall, Who is the Silliest one of them all?"

Glad you're enjoying the pictures! I too just recently had a fantastic bowling game! ...but nothing nearing your prowess...bowl on!

 
At 3:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smart move Doug; quit while you're ahead.

Love, dad

 

Post a Comment

<< Home