Saturday, July 01, 2006

(Continued)

Somehow, I managed to squeeze in some home improvement, too. We knew our driveway looked pretty abhorrent. I had never sealed a driveway before and felt a little nervous doing it right in the middle of the first week our house is on the market. Unfortunately, though, getting a pro to do it is nearly impossible right now because the heavy rains have their schedules backed up. We even tried offering an extra fifty bucks to get someone to come Friday but they didn't. So, I headed over to Ace hardware and asked them what I needed. Once I plopped down the first bolus of black sludge on the pavement, I knew there was no going back. So, this may look like just a driveway to you, but it is a work of art to me.
















Christopher just had his second birthday, and he got a gift certificate to Toys R Us. While we were there, we decided to celebrate Shannon and Aaron's half-birthdays. They won't get toys from us at their birthdays, but I think they will hardly notice. Then we went to a family restaurant and celebrated. The kids loved their toys.

A battery-operated train for Christopher.















A ballerina outfit for Shannon (and a princess toy cell phone)




















A lego set for Aaron. Dad was especially excited about this one. He loved Legos when he was a kid.

















We are celebrating the 4th of July with the Groffs up the street. Should be a blast. I hope you all have a safe and happy Independence Day. God bless America!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home