Sunday, May 11, 2008

The older kids really got into Mother's Day this year.  I was laden with school and church-made items.  So much so that Aaron asked, "Is there a Brother's Day?"
 
Chris wasn't quite there.  He came out of church with a full paper bag, but kept it to himself.  In the car, I said, "Is everything in that bag for you?"  Yes, he said.  "Everything?"  I asked again.    "Well, here," he said, and passed up the wrapping to something.  I looked inside, and it had an "OH" on it. (These are some of the only letters Chris can make.)  "It says 'OH,' or maybe (turning the paper around) 'HO," I said.  With a frown, Doug said, "Not 'HO,' not for Mother's Day."
 
Chris was playing with the gift he had made me.  It was a giant, painted, magnetic paper clip painted in green.  "Is that your alligator?" Doug asked.  Soon after, an object came hurtling up to the front seats.  It was the paper clip.  I guess Chris decided to give it to me after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home